Sex therapy is pure talking therapy, in a non-threatening, non-judgmental and safe environment.
It can be very helpful in treating emotionally driven sexual issues. Because sex usually involves another person, most people dealing with sexual issues are having relational problems as well. For individuals or couples, I will suggest specific exercises and techniques to help you improve your sexual life.
Most individuals and couples seek sex therapy for the following reasons:
- Low sexual desire
- Disparities on sexual desire in couples
- Compulsive use of pornography
- Premature ejaculation
- Erectile dysfunction
- Difficulties reaching orgasm
- Pain during intercourse
- Anxiety or fear about sex: “performance anxiety”
- Sex after big changes in life: childbirth, menopause, illness, physical disabilities
- Rebuilding intimacy and sex after an affair
- How to talk about sex, fantasies, and desires with your partner